Some pretty long quick takes...
- I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I've posted. A lot has gone on and I've thought of 1 million things to say in a post, I just have not done it.
- Since my last post, my mom still has not found a job, but she has not asked us for money again. I talked to my sister (the one that is financially stable) and she told me she avoids talking to my mom because she is always asking her for money and she doesn't like it. She doesn't give her any, so I'm glad we feel the same way about the situation. I just have guilt if I don't talk to her at least once a week and my sister doesn't care. She'd rather text my mom than call her. We agree that she needs to seek help from her local organizations that CAN help and are set up for people like her, instead of turning to her daughters for help.
- My nieces came and stayed with us for 5 days. We had a lot of fun hanging out with them. They are 15 and 12 and are about to have their birthdays in the next couple of months! They are such fun to be with, they are not the typically teenagers that you hear about these days..cell phone all the time, moody, dressing inappropriately, disrespectful, etc. They use their manners and I'm sure I heard "Thank You" at least 100 times. It was such a blessing to have them come stay with us for a little bit.
- We had our 20 week ultrasound and got a DVD of the little one moving around. We got to see the heart beating and we got several pics. Here is one of them:
- Last week DH went with me to a conference I had to work at in another town 3 hours away. We got to visit with some friends we hadn't seen in about a year. We found out they are struggling with IF and have been for the past year. My heart just breaks for them. While I was working, DH was able to visit with the husband and tell him our struggle (they knew we had been trying but didn't know our whole story). He shared with him about NFP and NaPRO Technology. Now we know 2 couples that we are close to hurting from the pain IF causes. We know we are extremely blessed, but we also acknowledge the blessing we had in dealing with IF. If we didn't go through it, we would not be able to comfort those we know who are hurting from it now and would not get to share our experience with them.
- So, you know that boat I mentioned on here earlier that my DH bought to fix up? Well, he fixed the motor, took it out to test it and the transom cracked. It will cost way more to fix the boat than what we paid for it, so I think we are just going to sell the motor and recoup the money we spent on the boat. It really stinks and I was super upset about the whole thing, but we don't need a boat anyway.
- We went on our lake trip this past weekend and even though we were not able to take the boat with us, we had a lot of fun. We ate some good food, enjoyed the outdoor weather, and the company. I actually felt relaxed after the trip!
- I took this picture yesterday on my walk with my lab, Macy. I thought it was neat :) It shows my big belly (I'm not allowed to say "baby bump"...my DH refuses me to use those two words together...He's funny!!)
- I'm kind of getting stressed out about all the things we still need to do before this baby arrives. Yesterday marked 4 exact months until the due date. I think about all the things that need to be done throughout the day and I just get overwhelmed. I expressed my concern to DH and he seems like it's not a big deal. It's kind of frustrating...I wish he felt the same way I did about getting things accomplished. Trying to take it One...day...at...a...time :)
- I'm excited about Summer Prayer Buddies!!!
- Happy Friday and have a blessed weekend!!

No comments:
Post a Comment