Tuesday, July 12, 2011

In Need of Some Prayers

We've had two of my nieces staying with us since Wednesday of last week. Their mom just picked them up yesterday...we were busy, busy, busy :) DH and I took yesterday off to be with them on their last day with us (I took half days on Thursday and Friday last week). We also had our 20 week ultrasound, which went great! Now on to the prayer request that is very much needed...

My mom called me yesterday morning crying and asking for money. I've mentioned on here before about her money problems and that we've helped her out in the past, but obviously we didn't help her enough last time. She told me that her electricity was going to be cut off if she doesn't pay it. She had a job interview yesterday and I'm just praying that she gets it!!

I feel so selfish not giving her money but to be honest, if we continue to do so, we'll run out of money! She has 6 dogs, a lot of "stuff" she could sell and I know giving her money will never solve her financial problems, even if it was for a short time. I feel very conflicted. Part of me wants to give my mom money and the other part wants to ignore the whole situation. I have not talked to her since yesterday's call. Before we got off the phone I told her that I would talk to DH and see what we could do. I feel like I am going to throw up when I think about having to talk to her again.

DH and I decided to not give her money, but to help her find local charities that can financially assist her. We also decided that if she wants our help, she will have to sit down with us and tell us all her expenses and income (she gets some money from my dad's SS and pension since he passed away in '04). This is not going to be easy. We are going to have to tell her to get rid of her animals. If she can not support herself, she can't support the animals, period. I am feeling like a bad daughter, but it is not just my money to give away, DH and I have to agree. Both my sisters are not in a place to give her anything, so we are her only option. This is causing a lot of stress for me and DH.

Luckily, DH's dad had a lot of good advice to give him after he explained the situation. Unfortunately, I don't feel like I can talk to my mom openly about the problem she has. DH agreed to do all the talking when she calls back and when we sit down with her to have the talk.

I'm upset that I can't call my mom to tell her how our ultrasound went. I'm mad that she's 60 and I'm only 27 and she is relying on me to give her money. I hate that I don't know if what we are doing is right. I hate that I have to be the one to worry about the mess she got herself into. I hate that I have no one to talk to in my family about the situation...my sisters are good at ignoring the issue. I wish my dad was still here. I want to seriously crawl into a hole and come out when the situation is resolved. Any prayers you can offer me would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thank you for reading this post,
Teresa

5 comments:

  1. will be praying. That is not easy. We have been there many times and it is heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying that God guides you in this very difficult situation & that your Mom gets a job soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. I will be praying for you and your family members. I hope the recent job interview works out and resolves some of these issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel for you. My family is very similiar and it is not fair. I'll add your intentions to my prayer list. And...congrats on the ultrasound! 20 weeks - whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete