We do talk and continue to talk when he starts feeling this way. I'm not good at getting all the details written out so my post my seem to lack some details I should have included. When he's upset, we always talk about it, when he is ready. When he got home, after I wrote the post, we talked a lot. I expressed to him how the whole situation makes me feel. I told him how I wish he could know how it feels to be the one on the receiving end of dealing with someone who is unhappy about their job. And, I told him I wish I could actually see what he goes though each day. I told him that I knew he wasn't being a baby about the whole thing and that I just wished he was happy. He told me that since he was never given the opportunity to figure out what he really wanted to do when he grew up, he feels lost. His parents made him go to a university (he wanted to go to a junior college first), he didn't know what to major in (he was accepted into the business school but an error on admissions part made him go into general studies), he quit school and decided to work instead. He still struggles to figure out what he really wants to do, he just knows he needs to work. We thought this job was a great opportunity and we were super excited when he got it! He even moved up to Supervisor within one year of being there. Now, there is great potential for him to become the Manager. I told him we should write down our goals. He didn't want to do that. We both agreed that he needed some spiritual direction but he doesn't know if he has any time to fit it into his work schedule. I told him he should make time, especially for that! We'll have to talk about it again later.
We both know that there is nothing to really worry about. He's assured me that he would never quit without another job lined up, which is reassuring. I just continue to pray for him at work every day and hope that this day will be better than the last. I'm going to try to make it more welcoming when he gets home and have a nice meal prepared for him too!
New Post on Private Blog
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment