My SIL forwarded a CaringBridge website of a young mother named Meghan who lost her battle with Cancer a week ago on her 30th birthday. She was married and had one child that celebrated his first birthday yesterday. This was a very sad story but she had a positive attitude throughout her journey on her blog that she shared on the site. My SIL wrote in her email to me “I have been following this blog and praying for her and her family. I am in awe of her spirit and courage, overwhelmed by her unwavering faith and her strong/positive outlook knowing the battle she had ahead. I have been inspired by her quotes.” This got me thinking about how I feel about suffering, so I thought I'd share my thoughts on my blog.
God is Love even in the midst of suffering. I often hear people asking why God allows bad things to happen to good people. I my life, I’ve realized that he allows these things to happen because of his GREAT love for us. Allowing these things to happen gives that person suffering an opportunity to grow in a deeper relationship with Him if they allow themselves to. That person’s suffering also allows others that know them to grow in their relationship with Him as well. I know I would not be the person I am today without witnessing the suffering of others and struggling with my own sufferings. I can honestly say that I am grateful for each and every one of the crosses that I had to/am carrying. I may not like it or understand why these things happen, but I know in my heart God's plan for me is the best one for me. He created my journey out of His love for me and I know trusting in him will help me to understand it more. Do I get angry at those plans sometimes? Heck yes, but for the most part I am content on where I am in my life right now.
"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much.”
Mother Teresa
New Post on Private Blog
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment