I mentioned earlier on here that DH is having a rough time at his job. Well…an opening at my company became available this week! A job DH would be great at! BUT there are things to consider…
The job is only for 15 months. One of the employees in the hiring group is in the reserves and got called to active duty. He will be gone for about a year and by law will have his job when he returns. I spoke to the person in charge of hiring for the opening position and he said that it does have the potential to become long term but he cannot “in good faith” (his words) promise anything. This position became available to lighten the load for the group, not as a replacement for the other employee. He also said they have wanted to hire another full time person but could not get it approved. He said this position was a way they could hire someone else and hopefully keep them long term. The only way management would approve another position was to put it in terms of a 15 month temporary position. He did say that he encourages my husband to apply…
So, this situation STINKS! I think my husband should go for it, in the hopes that it becomes long term after they see his work ethic and enjoy having him as an employee. Since he would know that he’d be out of a job in 15 months, he could look for a job in the months leading up to the expiration date. BUT, if we get pregnant, we’d want me to quit and then if he loses his job after 15 months, that puts us in a pretty bad situation if he can’t find something else :( IF sucks, but in situations like this IF especially SUCKS since we are planning for a baby that may or may not happen. Part of me wants to say…Let’s just leave it up to GOD, interview for the job, if you get it, great, we’ll figure it out from there. We know God is in control anyway so let’s just do it! There is no guarantee that he will be offered the job anyway.
Prayer Buddy…if you are reading this…please say some prayers for me and DH!!!
Thank you!!!
New Post on Private Blog
7 years ago
Oh I'm praying for you! I can't remember if I mentioned this earlier, but my husband is in a crazy job situation too, so I know how stressful it is. I'll pray for guidance for you both! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you!!
ReplyDelete