Monday, August 8, 2011

Taking a Deep Breath

I told my mom this was not a good weekend and I could tell she didn't like my answer. She even made the comment..."I may not even be able to see you while you're pregnant if our schedules just don't work" So, after talking to some good people about the situation with my mother, I've really gotten some good advice.
  1. I cannot change who my mother is.
  2. I know she is unhappy, but nothing I say or do will change her situation.
  3. My #1 priority is my husband and our little one on the way.
  4. I need to work on not feeling guilty about everything and just do the best I can.
  5. This relationship will always be something I will need to continue to pray for and work hard at.
  6. There is a difference between being rude and expressing how you truly feel.
  7. No amount of time spent with my mom will change how she feels about not seeing me.
  8. Even though I never really enjoy the time I spend with her, I should continue to spend time with her because she is my mom and I love her.
  9. It's ok to be independent and not do everything your mom tells you to do.
  10. There are times to visit and there are times when it just doesn't work and and it's OK!
  11. There is a difference between intentionally avoiding your mom and being honest with her about what you already have planned.
  12. I need to pray a lot more for her and our relationship.
  13. My mom is my mom and I can't let her comments get to me.
Thank you for your prayers. I'm going to continue to work really hard at this relationship and not be so negative about it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    Found your blog through searching other IF blogs. I too am struggling with IF and am so glad to hear you are overcoming it! I too have troubles with my Mom, sounds like we have a lot in common.

    Ania
    mcdonnell418.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete