We had a visiting priest celebrate mass last night. He's come about once a month to our parish. His homilies are very interesting and the tone of his voice really makes you listen to every word he speaks. DH and I really get excited when we get to celebrate mass with him.
We've introduced ourselves to him before and last night we talked to him again after mass. We were the last ones to leave so we got to speak to him for a little while since no one else was waiting to say hi to him.
For some reason he asked "So who's babysitting your 100 children" now, normally this question would bother me, but with my new attitude about IF, I simply said "We are waiting to be blessed" he quickly said, "I'll keep you in my prayers. Let me say a blessing for you" So he did. DH and I were so excited it was hard for us to meditate on what he was saying to us. After the blessing he was so sweet and said something along the lines of when we are blessed to think about what we will be able to pass on to our daughters and sons through our faith. He gave us his card and told us to email him when we are blessed :)
This made our whole weekend and week!
New Post on Private Blog
7 years ago
Beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a special moment. Blessed is right!
ReplyDeleteHow special!!
ReplyDeleteHow very kind! I wish I could come up with quick responses to questions about children, like, "We are waiting to be blessed." Have to repeat that one to myself for a while so it'll come out quickly next time we're asked.
ReplyDelete