Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hello Blogging World....

So I decided to start a blog. Back in May of 2009 I joined the blogging world in hopes that I would be blogging about our new family and posing things about my pregnancy and our journey as first time parents. Little did I know, just thinking..."I want to be pregnant now"...wounld not work for me.

My DH and I married in October of 2005 and decided to postpone pregnancy using NFP for a couple of years. It wasn't until sometime in early 2009 that we decided to really try to conceive. We found out we were pregnant in late August of 2009. We were so excited but it didn't seem real. I scheduled my first appointment on 9/11. We had a routine ultrasound to check on our little blessing but it was not what we expected. There was no baby with a beating heart. It was awful! Our first experience as parents to be was not what I had hoped and prayed for.

We were given the option to have a D&C or wait for the miscarriage to occur naturally. We opted for the natural way. I had to go to the doctor once a week to check on what was going on and things were progressing as the doctor expected. I miscarried naturally on September 30th with no complications.

I heard of an NFP trained doctor in our area and waited to go see him on April of 2010. My DH and I decided to try to conceive on our own for a couple more months in hopes to achieve a pregnancy without any medical interventions. In June we sent my charts to Dr. Hilgers and he sent me a long letter back explaining all the possible causes for my infertility. After a lot of praying and waiting, DH and I decided to get him tested first since that seemed like a more easier place to start instead of sending me to Omaha to be poked and tested.

DH went to the Doc. in October of 2010 and came back with a cup and lab paperwork...It is sitting in our bathroom since we haven't been able to justify even the catholic way of seminal fluid collection.  BUT we finally did decided to just go through with it in December so that we can start figuring out what is the cause of our infertility...I guess it is our way of starting 2011 with this process we really didn't want to after our miscarriage.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world! I am excited that you are here and I look forward to reading more about your journey. I have found this blog community to be very supportive and encouraging, not to mention there are so many "experts" that are very helpful and a wealth of information! God Bless you and happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, and your struggles to achieve since then. I'm glad to hear you are already on the right track to getting some answers - Dr Hilgers is amazing, and even if there are things found with your DH, he will make sure your body is in prime condition to carry a pregnancy. IF isn't fun no matter which route you take, but at least with NaPro you can feel like a dignified human being of value, as opposed to a number or worse, a dollar sign.

    I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'll find a supportive community here, and we will all pray for you on your journey. It's a difficult one to walk alone.

    Kerry
    (secondary infertility-PCOS)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet one! I am so glad that you are apart of our blog world:)We all understand your let down in realizing that you have to go through all of this. But, know that you have chosen a great path with Dr. H. I never thought I would be up here in Omaha...2x, but I know that if I weren't here, I would have had another miscarriage and yet another broken heart. Hang in there. We are all here for you hugging you through the computer. You will be amazed at your growth just with the help of the blog community!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blog world! I live in Omaha and go to Dr. Hilgers too. I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage, but I hope the blog world can provide some support. I know they sure do that for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found you via Complicated Life's blog! Welcome! I am not IF, but I love these ladies so much. It's such a grace-filled community. I know you will get the support you are seeking!

    ReplyDelete