I am getting more confident in my role as Mom and am able to do things around the house throughout the day. I actually really enjoy cooking, now that I have the time to research recipes, compile a grocery list, and prepare the dinner. I get a lot of enjoyment out of satisfying my husbands taste buds :) We've come up with an agreement that he watches Magdalene while I go grocery shopping. It's a time when I get to go out by myself and he gets daddy daughter time. I usually go on Saturday or Sunday night when the store is not crowded and I just take my sweet time...he hates grocery shopping anyway :)
Since we don't eat meat but like once a month, I've finally found some great recipes that don't have any fake meat and cheese in it. We do eat dairy, but drink Almond Milk instead of cow's milk. Since it is lent and all of you are not eating meat on Fridays, I thought I'd share a great blog I've found with some meatless recipes that are really delicious!
This link goes to all her vegetarian recipes:
http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/category/recipes/vegetarian/
We really enjoyed the Chickpea Fajitas, Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce, Orzo Salad with chickpeas, artichokes, tomatoes and lemon basil dressing...just to name a few.
Well, I hope your lent if off to a great start! And just for fun, I'll post Magdalene's 2 month photo...Can't believe it won't be too long before I need to take her 3 month one :) She is already 15lbs!!!
And one more of her on Valentines Day. We made a card for dad and came and ate lunch with him at work.


How cute! Your little one is growing so fast!
ReplyDelete